Part-time Retail Associate job opening
We are a children's resale shop in the heart of Solana Beach. Ideal candidates for this position will have previous retail customer service experience, a positive attitude and a quality work ethic. Our primary mission is providing a great experience for our customers! At our neighborhood children’s shop we are a team and our customers are our greatest assets. We are looking for a hard-working, responsible, friendly and committed individual with an eye for fashion and excellent attention to detail to join our team.
HOURS and BENEFITS:
· 8-15 hrs per week: Must be available weekday afternoons and all day on Saturdays
· Starting Wage: Depends on experience
· Store discount
REQUIRED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 1 year retail or general customer service experience.
· Consignment or resale retail experience preferred.
· Computer literate with typing skills & social media experience.
· Excellent customer service & leadership skills.
· Ability to work as a positively contributing team member.
· Responsible, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
· Positive & friendly attitude — with both customers and co-workers
· Organized – obsessed with keeping all areas looking clean and enticing
· Easy to approach – able to relate with people unlike yourself
· Enthusiastic – excited about resale and growing a local business
· Problem solver & clear communicator
· Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand on feet for up to 8 hours, bend, reach & stoop to perform daily tasks
· Multi-task – wear many hats with accuracy and be friendly under pressure
· Ability to comply with keeping our store Fragrance Free, Drug Free & a Non Smoking workplace.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Actively participate in the day-to-day operations of the store
· Collaborate on daily activities and store projects with other staff members
· Provide excellent customer service
· Operate point of sale & cash transactions in an accurate manner
· Perform opening & closing duties
· Oversee & maintain store inventory (sorting, organizing, merchandising, steaming, tagging).
· Act as store Key Holder, ensuring the safe operation & security of the store
HOW TO APPLY:
Drop off or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter about your interest, your skills and why you’re a good fit, as well as current contact info for 2 references. (All requested info MUST be included to be considered). Please specify “PT Retail Associate” in the subject line of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer.